Tuesday 17 January 2017

A musical journey



Apparently I've been away from you for almost 2 years! Can't believe it's been that long! Family life changed with the arrival of my second daughter. This left me with not a lot of extra time to have fun with this blog! A lot of blogs around seemed to be doing more than enough to keep everybody happy with musical nuggets past and present. My musical hat goes off to you all!

A lot has changed in those 2 years I've been away, including my musical tastes. Things started changing when I got a present of a turntable at Christmas 2 years ago . I never had a huge record collection to start with but enough for me to make the trip up into the attic to see what was salvageable. Turns out everything seemed to be in working order. It was then I got the love for playing vinyl again! You can't beat the ritual of  taking the record out of it's sleeve and again out of the inner, minding not to touch my grubby, sweaty fingers off the grooves. Spinning it around to see which side is Side A and then placing it carefully on the platter! Turning on to either 33 or 45 rpm depending whether you are playing an album, single or indeed an EP! Then gently lifting the the arm and moving it across to the edge of the record. The best bit comes next! Move the arm lever down so the stylus gently caresses the record. If it's an old record you might hear a little crackling to start with and then BOOM!

One day it came to me. It was staring me in the face. My blogs name is 'Turn On Your Record Player'! Why don't I take you with me on my musical journey and lets see where it takes us. I have bought over 200 albums in the past two years so I've a lot to stories to share. Most of these albums you may never of heard before (more in posts to come), so my hope is that you will find something you like. Either that or I have a shit taste in music!



8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It's been a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back Iano, looking forward to the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the ritual involved in putting that record onto the turntable - nothing beats it. Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad to have you back! NOW, BRING IT ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a while but glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back dude! 200 albums in two years? Blimey, your bank manager isn't a fan of your new record collection, I bet! Liking the new angle of the blog too. Looking forward to it. You have now rightly reclaimed your place on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I'm lucky that work has picked up and am repaying myself for the lack personal presents from 2008-2014!!!

      Delete
  7. Very nice to come around your blog, and say hello from Paris,
    Derek

    ReplyDelete