Friday 26 May 2017

Vinyl Friday

Name: Electric Moon
Origin: Germany
Album: Stardust Rituals 
Year: 2017
Label: Sulatron Records



Blue marbled, limited to 1000 copies

I haven't had much time of late to do any posts, so here's three on the bounce. All 3 albums have a link between them. 

First up is the new album by Electric Moon called Starburst Rituals. This is just one of the projects Dave Schmitt (AKA Sula Bassana) and Lulu Neudeck are involved in. Others include Zone Six, Krautzone,Interkosmos and of course  Dave's solo project Sula Bassana.

This album sees them tune into a series of spaced out rock songs. I have to say, this is one of my favorite albums of the year. I've been meaning for a long time to fill my collection with a few Electric Moon albums. Most of the albums they have are all live recordings so it's nice to finally get a studio album from the band. I can tell you, it is very hard to locate Electric Moon albums, You need a wallet full of cash cause they are so sought after. I think this album is already sold out so I was lucky indeed to get a copy. 


Electric Moon - Stardust Rituals (Full Album)





Name: Papir
Origin: Copenhagen, Denmark
Album: iii & iiii
Year: 2016
Label: El Paraiso Records




Next up is a band I mentioned when I posted Causa Sui .Papir are a three-piece from Copenhagen, Denmark  They are on the same label as said band, El Paraiso. This is a double album featuring both albums iii & iiii. If you like Causa Sui then you will like Papir. Similar vibe going on, All songs being instrumentals. As you can see their is new art for the double. I mentioned before that Jakob Skøtt does all the artwork for the label. iii originally came out in February 2013, iiii in February 2014.




Papier - iii (Full Album)



Papir - iiii (Full Album)



Name: The Papermoon Sessions
Origin: Germany/Denmark
Album: Papir Meets Electric Moon live at Roadburn 2014 
Year: 2016
Label: Sulatron Records




Limited to 500 on clear vinyl

And finally The Papermoon Sessions. This band is a collaboration between both bands Electric Moon & Papir. This is a live performance at Roadburn 2014. They did do an album together as well which is an orange sleeve with the same design. I should point out that Lulu Neudeck creates all the artwork for Electric Moon etc. This album has 2 tracks which I believe are all improvised.


Papermoon Sessions Live at Roadburn (2014) Full album

No comments:

Post a Comment